Grad Trip blues.
Do you guys think I should have a blog for grad trip so people will be able to check for updates if they're interested instead of us having to keep sending emails?I dunno if people would still be interested to go..
I guess most already gave up on the trip since we haven't heard anything but I'll try to send out an email soon I guess. As soon as I get some kind of preliminary response.
Currently it's like this, we found this rather nice tour that I was quite skeptical about at first but realised it's actually quite good. And like I feel it's the best out of the whole lot I had to pick from la. Yeah so its like about 1200+USD for the tour itself (inclusive of all breakfasts and most dinners - lunch will be on the go, like we get off the tour bus while travelling from one city to another and grab lunch). Which I felt was quite cheap.
Yeah but what's horrible is the airfare, which is 1700SGD for flight to London and back from Paris, inclusive of airport tax.
I mean to tour Europe you should be pretty prepared to spend like about 4~5k, but in this case it's about 3.2k or so? Of course you'll end up spending more la, for maybe optional tours (which are also cheaper in comparison to other tour groups) and food but I guess I can't think of anyone other than myself and like at most one or two other people who would be willing to pay that much.
So Dan and I (and others) were wondering if people would mind like going to some island instead for just like a getaway of some sort.
Like those Phuket/Bali/Bintan/Batam/whatever islands. I don't even know where those are, I just keep hearing them. Then the question would be whether to go to one of those, or one of the lesser known islands with less people.
And I dunno, I just want to stress that I feel that our graduation trip should be somewhere where we don't have to think and worry so much. And it doesn't mean we have to DO something like go climb a mountain or go backpacking like BFF pretty much insisted. Cos I don't want to do that unless it's a real majority issue.
Anyways yeah I'd like to hear what people think about going somewhere nearby and cheaper for the actual grad trip (so it's affordable to everyone) and maybe if you guys are still willing to pay that 3k+ for a Europe trip, we can get something going too, maybe next year? (Since the guys are so cheap and unwilling to pay and they're going to army anyway. x) )

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home