Saturday, November 07, 2009

Breathe

I'm really the queen of oversleeping! But at least I managed to get myself out of home and to the exam hall in time to finish my entire paper and have time to space out for an hour. :X I think I might not score very good impression marks cos my very first question was written in handwriting worse than Gregory Lau's haha cos I ran in at 2:45. I don't even know why the questions were a breeze for me given that its a level 2000 course and I couldn't study for it at all because I fell asleep too early and overslept. ): I already spotted mistakes in the cost of capital question ): valued the loan wrongly. But I hope I get error carried forward marks, it's freaking 22 marks for the question! That's already 5 marks down. Let's just hope that's all the marks I lost for that qn. And I didn't even USE the 11% before tax cost of debt for the Leasing question. Omg. Hahaha.

Enough with geeky ranting. (I'm really glad I'm doing Actuarial / Finance though, it's my pride and joy haha. Although that also means I have to make a greater effort with my studies in order to remain at the top of the top!)

Well just to make this blog post have some point of focus (besides ranting about FINM2001 exam), I found a diary. Obviously I don't have any 'old memories' in my room over here because I left those important ones back in Singapore. But this diary is a birthday gift from dear Jing, before I left for Australia. It's thick and nicely bound, and matches the purse that the Junior Catechists got me (Joanne twinny picked it I think!). I picked it up, unsure what I might've written in there. I've only written in it once, this June.

In my favourite burgundy coloured Uniball Signo 0.38 (which is now gone cos I left it at the restaurant), I wrote down what I thought would be the last of the closing chapter of a story weaved through the years. As my sight fell upon those words, the emotions I was feeling at that time slowly crept their way into my consciousness with crystal clarity. Stinging and burning, brimming in my eyes.

Saying sorry never ached this much. This was what I left behind when I chose to come over.

Well enough of that, I'm changing the focal point again because such topics illicit unnecessary speculation. Here's a few lines from the song one of my beloved Jr Cats, Gareth, wrote and sang for me over the phone today. I'm sorry I took so long to call. So many months late. And though I said I'd call on your birthday, I was a day late.

Breathe Out

Breathe out, one last time
I’ll read you a poem but it ain’t gonna rhyme
Last call, and the lights are low
There’s something that I want you to know

Breathe out, one last time
I’ll be waiting for you, rain or shine
Dreams may shatter and giants will fall
Guess I loved you after all


I’ve been waiting for your call
Guess I need you after all
There’s no time my dear
Get me outta here

Happy Birthday, Gareth Nicholas Fernandez. (:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home