Monday, May 28, 2007

CC1 CAMP 2007!

JOANNE.joie.kiren.bernadette.evonne.jonathan.marcus.mark.daryl.BENJAMIN.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
On the tram to Emerald Pavillion for lunch! My poor kiddos were so SPENT. Gah.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
On that suspension bridge at Tanjong beach (LAST STATION!.. that we completed) after Transportation. Ben's Raffles (RJ ah?) X-country shirt is cool. And yes. That's Ben, Mr Muscle Man (I'm serious. Angeline called him that. She's such a dear.) with that on his shirt when I was the one carrying all the water bottles in my bag and running after little kids to make them drink water. Haha.
Isn't it so very cool? If you can't see, his shirt says.
"I don't ask for a lighter load..
All I ask for is a stronger back."
And it says SINE FINIBUS. Which sounds oh so cool. It means no limits in Latin. Heh. *pretends that she knew all along* (At least I guessed it was Latin! .. lol.)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
At the suspension bridge again, except Joie came in front of me after drinking water. The poor girl she was the sweetest thing for the whole entire camp! And ALTHOUGH SHE LOOKS TOTALLY LIKE SAM KOH TO ME, nothing beats that.. I-don't-know-her-name girl who looks EXACTLY. and I mean exactly like Sara Adam Ang. I even stopped and asked her wtf she was doing at camp. I think I scared the poor girl. Whoever she is.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And this is Marcus trying to eat Jonathan's elbow drinking water behind Marcus who was looking out for the tram? Heh. The tram comes from your right, dear! Or he could have just been daoing me because I bought an ice cream and the girls ate first so the boys couldn't. Lol cooties.

...
...

I hated camp, I swear. I tried to make it as good as possible for the kids - every kid in every other group - but for me it was bad. My skin just ruined everything. I didn't want the kids to see it and I didn't want the cathechists telling me to get the hell lost cos I looked like a monster so I was wearing a jacket most of the time. And if you didn't already noticed the past few days were FUCKING HOT. I mean it's great - great weather and we didn't have to have any wet weather activities. But it also means I get more bubbles to pop and end up looking more like Frankenstein. I freaking hate sunburns. I bet even the others didn't get as serious burns as me. Feck la. Who would think the arms would get burnt mannnn. Aren't they supposed to be like... constantly getting wet or somethinggg. Okay nevermind. I was just too lazy.
This is like one of the stupidest mistakes I've made in my entire life.

Okay all in all I feel bad. Because of the stupid skin, I couldn't sleep as comfortably for the first night. Even though it was 3am after debrief and we had to wake up at 5 plus the next day for morning prayer followed by a whole freaking day at Sentosa.
And I expected Ben to be all fit and ready to run after the kids but no his shin(?) had an old injury which acted up and he was sick. And in the end - CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? - we got lost. Thankfully Bernadette was too lazy to run so I kinda said she fell behind so we stayed by to accompany her (which is still WRONG because it was the both of us and the kids were ON THEIR OWN. do you know how scary that is?!). I was so freaked out then, I thought Ben couldn't walk and.. I was really lost and desperate. I even climbed up the blocked path up this hill la. I don't know what possessed me to do that. And I forgot that Ben couldn't climb up. Much less Bernadette. And I had no idea how to get back down. And I was desperately trying to ask Ben for Herman's number but his voice is so deep and soft I couldn't hear it from where I was and I was so scared and OMG you have no idea.

But it was a blessing in disguise I guess? Right after we reached the station (and Kiren was lost oh my goodness what could get worse?) I reprimanded all of them and told them that it wasn't a joke and all that if anyone gets left behind, much less the two facils (lol) and the kids go on their own. After which Joie came up to me, tugged at my elbow and in her (very normal) cute kajiao voice, said sorry and tried to explain why they were running. I really wasn't that angry. But I guess she didn't want me to be angry at her but whatever the reason she explained and really, no one could stay (or even be) angry at Joie. And after that, everyone stuck together closely.

And being the corrupted facil I was, at the very next station which was Obstacles at Underwater World, I bought cotton candy, sweets and Hello Panda for my adorable little group for Ben and I who were feeling tired and needed candy to perk ourselves up, yes. Totally.
And Marcus eats so freaking much oh my goodness. The worst thing is he's skinny. And please, when Jo says someone eats a lot, they really DO eat a lot. I think. I'm not sure if he's doing it on purpose though.. I mean...... well it's complicated. Anyway yes he practical ate all the cotton candy.
I almost bought them Ben and Jerrys but it was so hot and we had to complete the damned race (Ben and I were fainting. Yes, the facils.) so I decided not to. But it was only 3.50 for that little tub! Sigh. I bought New Zealand Naturals later though and Ben couldn't have any cos I ate it already. Like please if twinny were the one eating he probably wouldnt mind. -.- And it's only saliva! It's not like we didn't already have to eat from the same spoon at JC camp last year. ): Haha anyway it was yummy ice cream.

Actually I don't understand how they grouped us. I thought the facil groupings fit leh. Or maybe it's because we all love each other so much it doesn't matter how they grouped us haha. I have no comments about being grouped with Ben really as in, I'm not particular but I'm kind of glad. Maybe Paul wanted it to be like that so we could learn to get along since we're in charge of CC2 camp? I have no idea. But he definitely hangs out with Joanne Teo more. It's a bit too obvious, I don't even want to say anything. =\

I don't really want to cheapen all the wonderful moments by blogging about it so yep that's all. No one's actually interested anyway. But I really wanted to thank all my baby Smurfs especially Joie and Jonathan for making my day at Sentosa by smiling and taking the initiative. And Marcus don't give up in making friends and I pray you'll find who you really are.

I know I told myself not to have any favourites and to treat everyone fairly and that worked for the first day (when I told myself not to give Joie the attention she wanted) because Joanne (Teo) was there for Joie to cling to. But on the second day I realised that Joie's not just attention seeking and definitely not stubborn or spoilt or anything like that. And I thank God for such a wonderful girl. She's not exactly a favourite but yeaaah I'm so glad she was in my group. I wish I had a proper picture but anyway everyone would love her I assure you.

She's like cute and very tanned. She's an amazing swimmer, I think. I think she'll be at interschool haha so good luck Joie! Oh my. She honestly reminds me of Sam. Not only the colour la haha, the face also. And even the voice (type, not pitch). And the swimming. Sigh. They're probably distantly related. =\

Oh my, I know over the next two years and in the future I'll probably have so many camps I won't really remember everyone but this is my first group ever and I'm so glad they were all in my group. LOVEEEEeeeeeeee.

Jo. :D

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home