Saturday, August 30, 2008

HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY MR TAI!

Although you're flying off to Australia tonight for a whole week.
Yesterday was really pretty hectic. I ended up not finishing the anniversary gift I've been preparing since last September because recently at night when I plan to start, Teo pops up to rant. Haha. Well, not complaining. So I planned to go to school at 7:30 to take the class photo but ended up late. But still, there were later people. Phew. Else I'd get killed by everyone.
And then the Teacher's Day concert was.. great I guess. Appreciate Dr Wong and the MA's efforts but some performances were just spastic. Towards the end Eunice and Elaine and Ada suddenly got up to leave. They were going back to Nanyang to visit teachers. So I just took the chance to leave as well, hoping I could get a nap (talked to Teo till 3? 4? AM and didn't even start on the book) before doing the gift. In the end I walked (at a really slow pace) to Clementi and to my surprise, found that NTUC had Yoplait French Cheesecake Yogurt and bought it without a second thought. It sucks. Though I finished half the gigantic tub on the bus ride home. And then there was tuition with Valerie at 3. But Mrs Fong told me 2. So I wasn't sure, and I wanted to get my bike's tire pumped, so I cycled there at 2:30 and stayed till 4:30? Haha started playing Valerie's piano pieces.

Got home and Dan SMS-ed to say he reserved seats at PS Cafe, which I did feel like visiting just for the desserts. But I saw how horrible the reviews were for mains, and called him to tell him I'd rather go for his original suggestion. It proved to be a great decision after all, cos then I had more time to dress up and get there. It's this cozy little French diner tucked away next to Cluny Court, with a really hyper chef who happily greets everybody who walks past. Although the place is small, the staff there seemed really busy. Thankfully Dan and I got there before the dinner crowd came in.

Everything on the menu looked so yummy (though we didn't even know what some of them were) but in the end we settled on the Confit de Canard with Gratin and Ravioli of Prawn and Foie Gras in Lemon Creme, which I felt was the better of the two dishes since I didn't find the duck meat very yummy (though the potato gratin was good!). Haha, and I actually had my pre-meal bread with butter!

The ravioli was really good, and I think I'll probably order the same thing if we were to go back - I'm sure we will. They serve ravioli with spinach in lemon creme too, but without the foie gras. I think it'd be nice if I could have my ravioli with spinach, like the one JJ made when he cooked for us that time!

Anyways we had a Creme Caramel which was really kind of.. unnecessary. It wasn't very fantastic. After dinner, we headed over to Melvados for the actual dessert. Apple crumble with double scoop ice cream! It's supposed to be $1 for an additional scoop of ice cream and for the second scoop it'd be $3.20 (the standard price for a single scoop) but then I asked the guy at the counter and looked disappointed to hear that, so he gave us two additional scoops for $2 anyway. Which is great because the mango sorbet was really good. Thick and juicy.

And while that was just the beginning to our sweet little anniversary celebration, I felt more than contented already to have such an accomodating and loving and food-appreciating Daniel with me.

If I had the money, I would buy time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home